[Interest] Qt 5.15, PySide2, QWidgets not refreshing on Change

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jun 30 18:53:34 CEST 2021

<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-695> which is marked as a duplicate of <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68740>

Reproduced on macOS 10.15 with Pipe installed PySide2, i.e, Qt 5.15

The "fix" is to apply some sort of style sheet to the application. So looks like the same bug and should be reopened.

--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software
[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
[w] www.bluequartz.net

    On 2021-06-30 16:43, Michael Jackson wrote:
    > Replying to my own question (actually, not sure my first message made
    > it to the list), a helpful colleague found the following:
    >
    > https://forum.qt.io/topic/98059/push-button-label-settext-not-refreshing-under-macos
    >
    > which leads to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68740 and
    > https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68521. I have a small test
    > project that shows that those bugs are back with Qt 5.15.2 and 5.13.
    >
    > Should I reopen the bug(s), start a new bug? I figure there is no hope
    > of getting them fixed with the current emphasis on Qt 6 but at least
    > if someone else experiences this issue then it might be nice to have
    > the issue documented.

    Can you reproduce with the oldtestcase attached to QTBUG-68740 ?
    If yes then it's the same bug and it should be reopened.

    If only your new testcase can repro then it's a new bug. You reference
    the old bug in case there's any good insights.

    I would also test with Qt6, as any fix should go there first.

    > I was able to reproduce the issue on macOS 10.14 and 10.15 but not
    > macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Windows 10. All were running the same conda
    > virtual environment. Same in the sense that the same commands were use
    > to generate each environment on each respective system.

    Regards,
    --
    Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
    Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)