[Interest] Need help to configure qt6 under Windows 10

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Mar 3 12:02:23 CET 2021

Hi Liang,

Searching for ‘CMake error’ shows up

Configuring 'qtgraphicaleffects'
CMake Error at qtbase/cmake/QtPluginHelpers.cmake:69 (add_library):
  add_library cannot create target "qtgraphicaleffectsplugin" because another
   target with the same name already exists.  The existing target is a module
   library created in source directory
   "E:/qt5/qt5compat/src/imports/graphicaleffects5".  See documentation for
   policy CMP0002 for more details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  E:/qt6-build/qtbase/lib/cmake/Qt6Qml/Qt6QmlBuildInternals.cmake:81 (qt_internal_add_plugin)
   qtgraphicaleffects/src/effects/CMakeLists.txt:7 (qt_internal_add_qml_module)

qgraphicaleffects is not part of qt 6 (see also https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt6-dev/whatsnew60.html#removed-modules-in-qt-6-0 ). I assume you’ve been cloning from git? Please make sure to only clone submodules that are part of the respective release. This is easiest done by  a) Cloning qt5.git b) checking out the right branch/tag , and c) only then running perl init-repository.

Regards

Kai