[Interest] Qt WebEngine 5.15.3 tag

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:41:51 CET 2021

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 at 18:46, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> Benjamin is explicitly asking for an exception. I support him: QtWebEngine
> needs to stay up-to-date.

Well, I am not so much asking for a new exception as I am asking for The Qt
Company to enforce the exception Tuukka talked about:

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 11:56, Tuukka Turunen <tuukka.turunen at qt.io> wrote:

> With Qt 6.0.0 released and the first patch release (Qt 6.0.1) coming soon,
> it is time to enter the commercial-only LTS phase for Qt 5.15 LTS. All the
> existing 5.15 branches remain publicly visible, but they are closed for new
> commits (and cherry-picks). Exception being the Qt WebEngine (and the
> deprecated Qt Script), which have a 3rd party LGPL dependency.

I would not mind if it was just a matter of tag, but the fact that the
change file for 5.15.3 (changes-5.15.3) is not present on the 5.15.3 branch
in the public repo does not help making this branch trustworthy.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 at 17:02, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:

> though at the moment that matches the head of 87-based.

Is it good ? or bad ?  or is this just a side note ?