[Interest] QML Image size vs sourceSize strange things

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Tue Mar 23 14:16:24 CET 2021

Do you really need to same memory by reducing the source size? I think you should left the source size alone and sample the image from the full source. Source size for SVG doesn’t make any sense, it’s vectoriel, doesn’t have any size, it can scale to any dimension. When playing with the image size (not the source) it will sample the source for each pixel, not sure about the algorithm but you might need an higher source resolution to get a proper image without artifact. I would at least take the Screen.devicePixelRatio into the source size into account and even add a x2 to ensure proper sampling, but I don’t see any real advantage to play with the source size unless you really are consuming way too much memory.

This might slow you down if the same image is using different sourceSize:

Note: Changing this property dynamically causes the image source to be reloaded, potentially even from the network, if it is not in the disk cache.