[Interest] The willy-nilly deletion of convenience, methods

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 24 23:25:52 CET 2021

On Tuesday, 23 March 2021 09:02:04 PDT Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> On 23/03/2021 11.44, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> > I wished I had seen the level of energy y’all are putting right now
> > into this email thread over the last two years when we discussed
> > where to go with Qt 6, and when the work actually happened.
>
> IIRC, I complained plenty about QList at the time. I wouldn't be
> surprised if I complained about QHash also.

And lo and behold, QList and QHash are completely rewritten for Qt 6, because
of the major complaints that existed against them, especially against QList.

Most people using the new QList won't notice a difference at all.

The one thing that will catch people with the new QHash is the lack of
stability of references. That is unfortunately a silent change.