[Interest] the path forward - that 7 year thing - was, willy-nilly

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Sun Mar 28 16:24:16 CEST 2021

Il 28/03/21 13:54, Roland Hughes ha scritto:
> There is documentation and Web pages that have
> replicated all over stating Qt 5 supports RHEL 6. You made something
> that cannot be effectively erased untrue.

The documentation in question states that _specific_ Qt 5.x versions
support RHEL 6. There's no such thing as "Qt 5 documentation".

> Management: "Qt 5 supports RHEL 6 and Qt has been around twenty years so
> you will use Qt for the UI and much of the application."
>
> Developers: "Okay. You're the boss." [...]

Wait, weren't you the guy saying that agile is bad and you should get
324 documents cross-checked and triple stamped before writing one single
line of code? I assume "trust inaccurate hearsay" and "make gross
generalization" are in those documents?

Not amused at all,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts