[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 114, Issue 38

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Mon Mar 29 02:35:03 CEST 2021

Here is why upgrading to Qt would be important.  The monitor on a perfectly working machine, dies.

They put in a new monitor for the engineer.  IT dept has decided the 4k monitor for 300 bucks is the standard.

Now the application which LOOKED and worked great, now looks like crap, because the version of Qt its built on, doesn’t have fully working high DPI support.

Some of their tools work great, others look like total crap. They notify vendors, we need high DPI support.

Multiple vendors stuck on Qt 5.12.9 are fubar,  customer sends letter out, fix it, and drop Qt if necessary.  (Yes we have gotten that in writing) if Qt GUI cant support high DPI monitors.

The response of, its fully supported on CentOS 7 with zero issues.  Worked until they had other tools that were working fine (not Qt based)

Scott