[Interest] QtQuick over Qt3D (Qt 5.15)

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Mar 31 21:28:10 CEST 2021

On 31/03/2021 17:31, eric.fedosejevs at gmail.com wrote:
> Qt3D was introduced in 2016 to much fanfare and was going to be the
> primary 3D solution for Qt. The idea was that Qt3D would provide a
> high-performance core capable of modern 3D graphics. Then, in 2017, Qt
> Co. had a philosophical shift and realized that rather than offering 3D
> functionality through LGPL/C++ (which could also be used by those darned
> open-source users), they could make more money in the short-term by
> locking in John Deere/others into subscription-based commercial
> licensing to display their little tractor animations.

It's the Nth time that a certain company gets nominated without any
reason whatsoever w.r.t. the thread in question, and in statements
without any factual grounding (aka [citation needed]).

(In another instance, even stronger, derogatory wording has been used in
another totally unrelated context.)

Not only all such mentions are therefore against netiquette and
off-topic for this list (we don't discuss hearsay, we discuss how to use
Qt), they're borderline libellous and may cause the Qt Project to having
to protect itself and shut these lists down.

In not so many words: STOP IT NOW.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts