[Interest] Another Qt disappointment

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon May 3 16:44:43 CEST 2021

I have a load cell. It's a sensor that measures weight. I wanted to make a quick UI for it in Qt.
That went as expected. Then I wanted to put the app on a spare Amazon Fire tablet rather than tie up a computer with it.

I was running with Qt 5.15.2, but there's. bug with Bearer in Qt 5.15.2, so I went to update it, and lo and behold, there is no 5.15.3. It's apparently, commercial-only. So I figured I'd finally update to Qt 6, except that after installing, it turns out Qt 6.0 doesn't have androidextras.

It's not just me that is disappointed, everyone in the comments at https://www.qt.io/blog/commercial-lts-qt-5.15.3-released seems disappointed that 5.15.3 is commercial-only.

So as I sit here waiting for Qt 6 and Qt 5.15 to uninstall, and Qt 5.12 to install, I figured that I'd drop this note about how things are going the wrong way.