[Interest] WASM build Error: Bad relocation type

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed May 19 22:27:22 CEST 2021

I was giving QtC 4.15 a spin today and saw the prompt for WebAssembly. It had been a while since I last tried it and wanted to check it out again. I configured it, adjusted my project, but errored during build at:

wasm-ld: error: test-ui.js_qml_plugin_import.o: Bad relocation type:
shared:ERROR: '/Users/jason/Projects/emsdk/upstream/bin/wasm-ld -o /var/folders/sp/2twrspnd5tz9w2m09nldl0yr0000gp/T/emscripten_temp_mzJVeK/test-ui.wasm [snipped command]'

`file test-ui.js_qml_plugin_import.o` gives:
test-ui.js_plugin_import.o: WebAssembly (wasm) binary module version 0x1 (MVP)

I'm not sure what to do now.

I made sure I activated the right version (per https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_WebAssembly) (1.39.8)