[Interest] [Development] Multi-Selection behavior of item views breaks drag'n'drop UX - options

Olivier B. perso.olivier.barthelemy at gmail.com
Fri May 28 15:30:55 CEST 2021

Here, we have had an issue when switching from 5.11.1 to 5.15.2, with multi
selection and dragNdrop
Now, if we start a drag n drop, but previously clicked on the item a short
time ago (less than the double click delay), then the view starts multi
selection with the mouse moves instead of starting drag n drop, even if the
mouse leaves the widget area.
This did not happen in 5.11.1 with same user code, and dragging was enabled
on a double-click+move
I'm not sure which behaviour is better, but for our use cases, the former
was more fitted.

Maybe looking at what changed between 5.11.1 and 5.15.2 (and why) could
help your decision?