[Interest] QFileDevice::fileTime and QFileDevice::setFielTime

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 11 02:05:10 CET 2021

On Wednesday, 10 November 2021 14:33:05 PST Scott Bloom wrote:
> Is there anyway (besides fixing QFSFileEngine::setFileTime) to support
> setting the time stamp on a directory?

That won't work either. Both QFSFileEngine and QFileSystemEngine operate on an
open file handle.

You may be able to trick Qt by opening the directory with _wopen and giving
QFile that handle. You can't read or write but it might work.

I'm assuming you only care about Windows. You can't set the file's birth time
on Linux: the only way to do that is to delete the file and create another.