[Interest] What's up with Qt's graphic stack (6.2.1) (and WebEngine)?

Nils Jeisecke nils.jeisecke at saltation.com
Wed Nov 24 12:24:23 CET 2021

Thanks for your response Allan.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:28 PM Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> We only support two backends in WebEngine currently, either WGL OpenGL or the
> software backend. The software backend should work just fine though. If you
> have any other QSG backend than OpenGL, it should automatically be used, but
> you can also force it by selecting the software QSG backend or using the
> chromium flag --disable-gpu.
Looks like overriding the renderer with
QQuickWindow::setGraphicsApi(QSGRendererInterface::Software) *after*
calling QtWebEngineQuick::initialize() seems to activate software
rendering in Chromium. However, performance with Video (JITSI in my
use case) is subpar :-( Any plans to enable Hardware Acceleration in
Chromium with the "native" RHI backends (D3D11, metal)? Or is this
technically imbossible (due to Chromium limitations)?

Nils