[Interest] What's up with Qt's graphic stack (6.2.1) (and WebEngine)?

Nils Jeisecke nils.jeisecke at saltation.com
Wed Nov 24 18:40:07 CET 2021

Hi Allan,

> We are planning to do that, but it is somewhat complicated. The QQuickWidget
> we use, only support OpenGL and Software in Qt 6.2, and there is no other
> QRHIWidget available or planned. We will be trying with a QWindow approach for
> 6.3 or 6.4.
I see. Could you elaborate on the relation between QtQuick's
WebEngineView component and QQuickWidget? How does QQuickWidget come
into play when WebEngineView is an object in a QtQuick scene inside a
QQuickWindow? Just curious ;-)

>Perhaps we can run QtWebEngine under ANGLE and the rest of Qt under D3D
I assume the same problem exists with macOS/metal and Linux/Vulkan or
any non-GL combination. Looks like a quite heavy task, indeed.

Nils