[Interest] Qt 5.15 LTS vs Qt 6.2 LTS

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat Oct 2 14:42:59 CEST 2021

On 10/1/2021 10:52 AM, Ulf Hermann wrote:
>> I doubt you get a paid-for 5.15 LTS under an Open Source licence,
>> so no, this is not comparable a̲t̲ ̲a̲l̲l̲.
> I did not compare to anything. Roland listed a number of open source
> projects with LTS versions_after_  I wrote this.
>
> If you want to discuss the issue of "I want a supported open source LTS
> of Qt for recent systems", then I suggest you continue one of the
> existing threads on this topic. This one here is about outdated systems.

Correction.

This one is about **Production** systems. No system is ever outdated
while it is in production and performing its designated task.

It's about the production systems regulated refrigerator and freezer
temperatures in meat packing plants so you don't die from Botulism or
some other illness one gets when meat/poultry are stored at improper
temperatures.

It's about the systems that ensure when you are out on the town you can
quickly stop at an ATM to get cash.

It's about the systems that regulate the temperatures in brewing vats so
what comes out of that can/bottle is actually beer.

It's about those *Production* systems our friend Scott (at least I hope
his name is Scott, I don't remember for certain) has to maintain for
Intel so you can have computers to run Qt on.

None of these systems are "outdated." They become outdated when they can
no longer perform their assigned tasks.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions