[Interest] OSX security – allow dialogue

coroberti coroberti at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 14:34:46 CEST 2021

Nuno,
You can save on EV and order instead 2-3 years regular code-signing
certificate for Windows.

Non-EV code-signing certificate has a cost of 120-140 USD/year and
for a week or two users get warnings till the certificates earns reputation.

Add to your setup instructions:
Note: Windows-10 Users with SmartScreen protection enabled MAY get a
message "Windows Protects Your PC". Click the link "More Info" below and
further click "Run anyway" to run the < SW_NAME > installation.

You may also opt 2-3 weeks in advance
to whitelist the software/certificate with Microsoft via:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

As a result, you save 300 USD - 120-140 USD = 160-180 USD / per year.

Kind regards,
Robert Iakobashvili