[Interest] Are there limits to the number of vertices that can be allocated on a QSGGeometry?

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Wed Oct 20 17:36:42 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have a custom QSGGeometryNode that renders several elements using triangles.

Each element is composed by 4 rectangles, this means that each element needs 6x4=24 vertices.

If there are more than a certain number of elements to be drawn, artefacts pop up. This artefacts are characterised by lines that connect to the origin, or with vertices on other elements.

I have stumbled on this issue when rendering a scene with roughly 3800 elements, which require 91200 vertices. I’m using colored point 2d vertices.

Are there limits to the number of vertices that can be allocated on a QSGGeometry?

Thanks!

Nuno