[Interest] bulding Qt from git

joao morgado joaodeusmorgado at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 23:00:41 CEST 2021

Hi
Did you install ninja ?

Enviado do Yahoo Mail para Android

  Em sexta, 22 out., 2021 às 21:52, Alexander Carôt<alexander_carot at gmx.net> escreveu:   Hi all,

my first time of building Qt (dev branch) on OSX10.15 faild and I wonder if you can help me with it.

So far it was pretty straight-forward:

git clone git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git
git submodule update --init --recursive
mkdir qt6-build
./configure -prefix ./qt6-build

but the config process at the end gave me this:

----------->
Qt is now configured for building. Just run 'cmake --build . --parallel'

Once everything is built, you must run 'cmake --install .'
Qt will be installed into '/Users/soulalex/qt5/qt6-build'

To configure and build other Qt modules, you can use the following convenience script:
        /Users/soulalex/qt5/qt6-build/bin/qt-configure-module

If reconfiguration fails for some reason, try to remove 'CMakeCache.txt' from the build directory

See also "/Users/soulalex/qt5/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/Users/soulalex/qt5/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
CMake Error at qtbase/cmake/QtProcessConfigureArgs.cmake:947 (message):
  CMake exited with code 1.
------------<

So - it basically says "all good" but then prints an error at the end and when actually doing a

cmake --build .

it tells me

ninja: error: loading 'build.ninja': No such file or directory

Any hint appreciated,
thanks,
best

Alex