[Interest] bulding Qt from git

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Sun Oct 24 15:26:25 CEST 2021

On 24/10/2021 15:21, Alexander Carôt wrote:

>> Instead of ./configure -prefix ./qt6-build please do a:
>>
>> ./configure -prefix ./qt6-build > configure.log 2>&1
>>
>> Then upload the configure.log contents to pastebin.com.
> Ah – so you basically the whole console output of the configuation process – now I got it ;-)
>
> Here it is:
>
> https://pastebin.com/qf8jQGtZ
>
> Thanks,
> best
>
> Alex

Searching after CMake Error in the log pointed to:

 1.
    Configuring 'qtpositioning'
 2.
    CMake Error at
    qtbase/lib/cmake/Qt6BuildInternals/Qt6BuildInternalsConfig.cmake:429
    (add_custom_target):
 3.
    add_custom_target cannot create target "docs_qtlocation" because
    another
 4.
    target with the same name already exists. The existing target is a
    custom
 5.
    target created in source directory "/Users/soulalex/qt5/qtlocation".
    See
 6.
    documentation for policy CMP0002 for more details.
 7.
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
 8.
    qtbase/lib/cmake/Qt6BuildInternals/Qt6BuildInternalsConfig.cmake:501
    (qt_build_repo_begin)
 9.
    qtpositioning/CMakeLists.txt:24 (qt_build_repo)
10.

You can configure with -skip qtpositioning in case you don't need the
qtpositioning Qt Module.

Cheers,
Cristian.