[Interest] qt and Windows tolerance heap

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Tue Sep 7 17:17:45 CEST 2021

You shouldn’t need it for a read of the registry, however it is possible that the IT dept of the user, or the user themselves has escalated the default privileges required to read from HKLM

You might want to code your check to allow for a security violation, so the is it enabled would be yes, no, or “I cant tell” response.

Scott