[Interest] Qt 6.2.0 RC still missing basic QMediaPlayer calls?

Wesley Krasko wesblake at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:52:18 CEST 2021

It works. I figured it out. The documentation for QMediaPlayer 6.2 is
incorrect. I think Qt just copied it from 5.15 and didn't update it. It
still shows using QMediaPlayer the old way when in fact stuff was
broken out into QAudioOutput, QVideoOutput, etc. So now, you must first get
the QAudioOutput of the QMediaPlayer and then you can do setVolume,
setMuted, etc. The docs need updating.
This is no longer how it works:
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt6-6.2/qmediaplayer.html#details