[Interest] QWindows and objectNames

Yves Maurischat yves.maurischat at basyskom.com
Fri Sep 24 12:57:06 CEST 2021

Hello,

I've got an application (Qt 5.14.2 on Windows) with a MainWindow class
derived from QWidget and with the flag Qt::Window set. In the MainWindow
constructor the objectName is set to "myMainWindow". When iterating over
all application windows using QGuiApplication::allWindows() (there is
just one) and printing out out their objectNames I get
"myMainWindowWindow" (i.e. an additional "Window" added to the
objectName) for my main window.

Is this expected behaviour or a bug? (IMHO it's the latter one, but I
might have missed something here).

Kind regards,
*Yves Maurischat*