[Interest] Qt deploys Qt53D components which app does not use

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:01:57 CEST 2021

Hello,

All was working fine until I've added compatibility with Qt6.

We need to be able to build our app with both Qt5 and Qt6. So I've added
some compatibility QML files. Some - for Qt5 and some for Qt6.

Since that, Qt deploys all these Qt53D stuff which we do not need. Our
app became bigger. Can something be done to tell deploy utilities to not
deploy this component?

The problem exists in all platforms we use: Windows, macOS, Android.

I suspect that Qt5 deploy tool sees this in QML: "import
Qt5Compat.GraphicalEffects", which does not really included into the
project at build time and just exists on disk, and thinks that this
requires Qt53D to work.