[Interest] Crash in QAbstractEventDispatcher::filterNativeEvent when trying to show a QMessageBox

Henry Skoglund henry at tungware.se
Thu Apr 14 21:02:06 CEST 2022

On 2022-04-14 17:01, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 April 2022 06:24:29 PDT Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:
>> However, I am using QThread, and the crash happens
>> in a slot connected (queued connection) to a signal emitted by the thread
>> (m_pWorkerThread)
> Are you sure it was queued?
>
> Your backtrace stops in the QMessageBox::information, so we can't tell what it
> was called from.

Hi, while we're waiting for an answer, I've recently started using
QThread so this might be a noob question (sorry):
if I look at the debugger data and in the QThreadData * dump, I see that
the looplevel is 1 but if this is the GUI thread shouldn't it be 2
considering we've passed through the exec() call in QDialog? I mean
since a Qt GUI app usually starts with an exec() call which changes the
looplevel from 0 to 1 for the lifetime of the app.
Is that why you're suspecting the crash occurs becase we're still in the
worker thread?