[Interest] Official linuxdeployqt ?

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at qt.io
Tue Aug 9 10:41:45 CEST 2022

On 8/9/22 08:03, Vadim Peretokin via Interest wrote:

> Just to correct some biases here, in my opinion as a software publisher
> AppImage is still the simplest way for a user to run your app.

Yes, it provides a similar experience like macOS app bundles.

What linuxdeployqt definitely must offer is copying libs, plugins,
asssets etc. into a staging area like the other *deployqt tools.

Maybe creating AppImage packages is - like the creation of packages like
RPMs - a job for tools like cpack, and we shouldn't bother with it in
linuxdeployqt.  Even though the code already exists out there.

Creation of flatpaks and snaps are way out of scope.

Cheers,

Joerg