[Interest] qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "layer-shell" found

Ralf Van Bogaert ralf.vanbogaert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 15:06:17 CEST 2022

Hi,

As a follow-up to a question I posted yesterday on this list (sorry to
spam):

So I managed to successfully compile and add this library too my project (
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/layer-shell-qt)

However I'm not out of the woods yet. This function needs to be ran before
creating any windows.

LayerShellQt::Shell::useLayerShell();

Which triggers the following output:

qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "layer-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: Loading shell integration failed.
qt.qpa.wayland: Attempted to load the following shells QList("layer-shell")

... and my program does not display it's window anymore, so I know the lib
is at least doing  something ;)

Googling this stuff doesn't return a lot of relevant material.