[Interest] QT Creator consistency

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Dec 5 16:48:16 CET 2022

On Monday, 5 December 2022 01:23:06 PST Christian Kandeler via Interest wrote:
> On 12/5/22 09:52, Yves Maurischat wrote:
> > - 'Follow symbol under cursor' for signals in a *.cpp does not jump to the
> > header where the signal was declared but to the *.moc files instead
> I cannot reproduce that. Please file a bug report with an example project.

I can. The very first signal I tried showed it. I opened qiodevice.cpp and
searched for "emit ". There's only one.

But this is not *wrong*. Signals are functions and they have a body. However,
if Qt Creator can be made to give preference to the declaration in case
definition is in a generated file, it might improve UX.

> > - 'Refactoring -> Rename Symbol under cursor' does not include headers
> > anymore, instead you have to check them on in the search pane,
> You probably forgot to add you headers in the project file, so they are
> not considered part of the project.

I've seen the refactor example not tick some boxes but didn't try to discern a
pattern on why some weren't checked. I do remember it being correct for my
purposes, though.