[Interest] Qt6 - Fails to compile when openssl-linked enabled

Mårten Nordheim marten.nordheim at qt.io
Wed Dec 7 14:50:29 CET 2022

Ah, I don’t think OPENSSL_LIBS is in use anymore!
I think it was still left printed at the end of configure, I’m not sure the change removing it was merged into 6.4.
Please use the FindOpenSSL cmake find-module variables: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/FindOpenSSL.html
In your case, passing -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR="/Users/nsantos/Qt-Utils/openssl"
at the end of your configure line, something like this:

./configure -prefix …. -openssl-linked -- -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR="…"

Mårten