[Interest] Could I use V8 engine directly in QT?

Max Paperno max-l at wdg.us
Thu Dec 8 18:25:03 CET 2022

Hi Bob,

What is this v8 you're referring to (in terms of QJSEngine I mean)? Can
you explain "it used" further?

It's possible, in many/most cases, to extend or even replace the
built-in JS types in QJSEngine (not QQmlEngine). Either with pure JS
implementations or C++ or a mix. I'm not sure about adding language
syntax constructs like async/await though (but you can already use
Promises, for example).

-Max