[Interest] [Development] Qt 6.5 Is Irrelevant for More than 95% of Mac Desktops

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Dec 16 23:44:16 CET 2022

I agree here. Is Qt 6.5 now using an API or a compiler feature that macOS 10.15 does not support? If that is the case then sure I agree with the change. If you are changing "just to change" then I don't really agree. I sort of get the argument that "Apple stopped supporting 10.15" but what implications does that have for Qt 6? Is there a security library that Qt 6 depends on (OpenSSL is my guess) that 10.15 isn't now updating? Is Qt 6 using the new APIs from that version of OpenSSL (or what ever library broke)? Is there a graphics API that Qt 6 now depends on that is macOS 11.0 and greater? Maybe that is the reason?

--
Mike Jackson