[Interest] Qt6 on Ubuntu 22

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Thu Dec 29 11:44:57 CET 2022

Hi,

I’m trying to install and run Qt projects on Linux Ubuntu 22

I’ve used apt to install qt6-base-dev, qtcreator and libqt6quick6 packages.

But when I run Qt Creator and try a test project it always fails to find QtQuick packages:

Running /usr/bin/cmake -S /home/nsantos/workspace/qt6-test -B /home/nsantos/workspace/build-qt6-test-Desktop-Debug in /home/nsantos/workspace/build-qt6-test-Desktop-Debug.
-- Could NOT find Qt6Quick (missing: Qt6Quick_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package):
  Found package configuration file:    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6/Qt6Config.cmake  but it set Qt6_FOUND to FALSE so package "Qt6" is considered to be NOT
  FOUND.  Reason given by package:  Failed to find Qt component "Quick".  Expected Config file at
  "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6Quick/Qt6QuickConfig.cmake" does NOT
  exist-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/nsantos/workspace/build-qt6-test-Desktop-Debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
CMake process exited with exit code 1.

The directory /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6Quick is actually missing, so what package should I need to install in order to have it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Nuno