[Interest] Testing in-app purchases on a Qt Android app.

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Wed Feb 2 12:48:47 CET 2022

Hi,

This is a bit off topic but I’m looking for advice from other Qt for Android developers on how to test in-app purchases.

I had a stable purchasing experience for a long time and therefore there was no need for testing for a long time. But since Qt 5.15.8 has been released and I have released the first update I’m having issues with purchases so I need to debug the whole process.

The problem is that when I run the app in debug, deployed from Qt Creator to the device, I can’t seem to test in-app purchases. When I choose to purchase a in-app purchase I receive an error saying that: “This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play”. After googling I have found this stack over flow post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11068686/this-version-of-the-application-is-not-configured-for-billing-through-google-pla <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11068686/this-version-of-the-application-is-not-configured-for-billing-through-google-pla>

So, I have uploaded the apk to a alpha testing lane and published it but I’m still unable to test the in-app purchase. This is extremely cumbersome and intuitive…. :/

Is anyone able to test in-app purchases without having to upload a build to google play each time a modification is done?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nuno