[Interest] Configuring Qt's built-in freetype ?

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:08:50 CET 2022

Managed to get to the bottom of the issue: without fontconfig, the freetype
backend depends on QPlatformScreen::subpixelAntialiasingTypeHint(),
which will return QPlatformScreen::Subpixel_None unless the
QT_SUBPIXEL_AA_TYPE env var is set.

I've checked a bit and it seems that 99% of current LCD monitors are RGB
(the very few references I could find to recent BGR monitors were about
people complaining that nothing did work with them anyways and recommending
to not buy them because the industry seems to have standardized on RGB
layout),
so I'll set the env var to this by default, and will report here if I get
tons of complaints :)

Cheers

Jean-Michaël Celerier
*cto* ossia.io | *consulting inquiries* celtera.dev | *personal*
jcelerier.name
t: +336 81 31 53 08