[Interest] License for Qt6 QtMultimedia module (LGPL?)

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:59:56 CET 2022

At https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtmultimedia-index.html, the Qt Multimedia module
is listed as being available under these licenses:
* commercial
* LGPL, v3
* GPL, v2

In a git checkout of the 6.2 branch, .gitmodules contains this:
[submodule "qtmultimedia"]
depends = qtbase qtshadertools
recommends = qtdeclarative
path = qtmultimedia
url = ../qtmultimedia.git
branch = 6.2
status = addon

According to https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtshadertools-index.html, the Qt Shader
Tools module is available under these licenses:
* commercial
* GPL, v3

If qtshadertools is required in order to build qtmultimedia, and
qtshadertools is not licensed under LGPL, how can qtmultimedia be licensed
under LGPL?

Is it possible to build qtmultimedia in such a way as to not use/require
qtshadertools? Our application uses qtmultimedia but I don't think it uses
anything that involves qtshadertools. Our application currently uses Qt 5
under the LGPL license and unless I'm misunderstanding it seems that we
would not be able to use Qt 6 under the LGPL license unless we get rid of
qtmultimedia.

Thanks for any clarification

Adam