[Interest] License for Qt6 QtMultimedia module (LGPL?)

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Wed Feb 16 11:34:29 CET 2022

> On 16 Feb 2022, at 09:50, Mike Krus via Interest <interest at qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I thought qtshadertools had been relicensed as LGPL for 6.3?
>

> Mike

That is correct as of:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtshadertools/+/382923

And it’s also correct that as long as the QtShaderTools is only used as a build tool (as done with qtmultimedia), the fact that it’s not LGPL’ed doesn’t matter.

That we have LGPL’ed the module now with Qt 6.3 opens up possibilities to use some of that code at runtime. But note that as of now, there are no public APIs in the Qt ShaderTools module.

Volker