[Interest] Configuring Qt's built-in freetype ?

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 17:23:22 CET 2022

A small up on that (and a happy new year to the list !):
I tried building my custom freetype with the same patches than what's in
Arch to enable subpixel AA. Qt correctly picks it up.
Yet I still get non-subpixel AA when rendering so there may be a bit more
to that issue... (I build without fontconfig / harfbuzz though, that's the
next thing I'm going to try).

I set PreferVerticalHinting on my qApp's font (which corresponds iirc to
"slight" hinting ?)

Cheers,
Jean-Michaël