[Interest] [Qt6] QML_ATTACHED failing with ::QQmlPrivate not declared

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:20:14 CET 2022

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 11:21 AM Ulf Hermann <ulf.hermann at qt.io> wrote:

> > So, did I stumble on a bug?
>
> Including qqml.h instead of qqmlregistration.h should work.

Thanks!

Indeed, that does fix it cleanly for me.
Just noting: similarly I had 'undeclared qRegisterXXX' for the singleton if
I forward declare QQmlEngine and QJSEngine in the header and using
qqmlregistration.h. I imagine (haven't tested it) this is also going to be
fixed by including qqml.h.

On a side note, I was wondering, why these, contrary to other Qt headers,
don't provide cpp style naming?

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtdeclarative/+/383175 may have
> fixed this. It forward declares some of the types.

Possibly, my checkout was done from the root repository's dev
(init-repository), so the HEAD is a little bit behind this patch.

Kind regards,
Konstantin.