[Interest] Qt5.15 from source on centOS 7

Mike Rochefort mike at michaelrochefort.com
Tue Jul 5 21:30:07 CEST 2022

On 6/30/22 4:28 AM, Alexander Carôt wrote:
> see below – I will give it another try at some point later, however, I eventually used a docker container which provides all the required libs and makes the project run smoothly. This looks like a smart and versatile solution – becoming a docker fan now ;-)

Containerized development is definitely a good idea if you can fit it
into your workflow! Which image are you using to build with?

Taking a look through the aswf-docker project (used by the Academy
Software Foundation for CI purposes in the VFX industry), it seems the
way they get around the OpenSSL 1.1.x issue is by manually passing the
header and library search paths to configure.

https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/aswf-docker/blob/master/scripts/base/build_qt.sh

They are also using the openssl11-devel package provided by EPEL.

Cheers,
Mike