[Interest] macOS: troubles using my own CA

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at kdab.com
Tue Jul 12 22:14:51 CEST 2022

> On 12. Jul 2022, at 20:05, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday, 12 July 2022 01:21:07 PDT Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
>> Again, if, after that, I build app using Qt 6.3.0 and launch it - this
>> message never appears.
>>
>> So, this must be an issue with Qt 5.12. What I want to ask for: is there
>> any known workaround to suppress this message under Qt 5.12.12?
>
> Qt 6.3 uses a completely different implementation of SSL on a Mac from 5.x. It
> uses the Apple API in SecureTransport, while Qt 5 uses OpenSSL. However, the
> OpenSSL one is the same as Linux, so the same errors should appear on both.
>
> Is it the same OpenSSL 1.1 version?

From what I know, SecureTransport is the default used on macOS since Qt 5.10.0 (running configure in 5.10.0 qtbase seems to confirm this).
SecureTransport is deprecated by Apple, but the backend is still the default in 6.3. So unless Alexander explicitly enabled OpenSSL for one or the other, it wouldn’t expect big changes here.

—
Frank Gonçalves Osterfeld | frank.osterfeld at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer & Teamlead
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group Company
Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts