[Interest] QML: non scaled image strange issue under Linux

Fatih Uzunoğlu fuzun54 at outlook.com
Sat Jul 23 19:12:30 CEST 2022

Hi,

In case OpenGL is used, this might be a bug in your OpenGL driver.

As far as I know; Qt uses `GL_NEAREST` when `smooth` is unset, and
`GL_LINEAR` when `smooth` is set.

I doubt there is extra logic to check if the texture size is the same as
`Image` size that it uses `GL_NEAREST` regardless of `smooth` property.

I think the docs should say something like "this is the expected
behavior of the driver", about the `smooth` property.

You might consider using something like: `smooth: (paintedWidth !==
width) || (paintedHeight !== height) `.

I think it would be better if Qt did not use `GL_LINEAR` in these cases
by default:

- Texture size is the same as `Image` size.

- `Image` size is non-fractional upscaling of the texture size. (Integer
upscale)

That being said, I don't know how Qt RHI behaves. This is valid for
direct OpenGL.