[Interest] Anyway to tell if a QModelIndex's data will be displayed with an elide?

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Thu Jun 2 19:31:29 CEST 2022

I have a request, to open a dialog without out any eliding, which is easy enough to do via the views textElideMode.

So I can resize all the columns to fit, pretty straight forward, if I don't set the textElideMode

However, they also want no the data to be full visible, and not have to resize the dialog/scroll.

However, I cant seem to find a proper "this is the size the treeview (though the same issue exists for any abstractview) minimum size hnt that wont require scrollbars.

Am I missing something obvious? (I must be)

Scott