[Interest] Quick Item visibility test / hit test... or synthesize press event

Federico Ferri federico.ferri.it at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:54:03 CEST 2022

Is it possible to find what is the topmost visible item given a pixel
coordinate?

e.g. in this simplified example:

Rectangle {
    x: 20; y: 20; width: 20; height: 20; color: 'red';
    Rectangle {
        x: 5; y: 10; width: 5; height: 5; color: 'green';
    }
}

it would be the red Rectangle for coordinate (21,21), the green Rectangle
for coordinate (26,32), and none for e.g. (15,15).

Alternatively, I'm happy to equip my Rectangles with a MouseArea
{anchors.fill:parent} each. Is it possible then to synthesize mouse press
events so to exploit Qt Quick's scenegraph/event processing magic?