[Interest] Qt 5 -> 6: In QQmlEngine, Qt.Checked, etc. are no longer available

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Fri Jun 24 11:34:50 CEST 2022

> This is very promising, but unfortunately I could only get it to work
> with QJSEngine and not with QQmlEngine. With the latter, the Qt
> object stubbornly still only provides various functions.

Indeed, in QQmlEngine the global object is frozen. You cannot replace
its properties. Apparently you can still add to it, though. But see
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtdeclarative/+/418536/1 for a
possible solution.

I would also like to know how you trigger the QQmlEngine warning signals
and methods from pure JavaScript. Those methods could just as well be
moved to QJSEngine if they make sense there. However, so far they're
actually meant for QML warnings.

best regards,
Ulf