[Interest] Draw a qimage with transparency on a QOpenGLPaintDevice

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Sun May 1 13:45:35 CEST 2022

Hi,

I have some heavy rendering that I would like to speed up using openGL.
For the time being using only QPainter regular method but later some
native openGL code.

So instead of painting on a QImage, I am painting on a
QOpenGLPaintDevice. All is fine except one point: When the painter draws
a QImage containing alpha, these alpha pixels appear black.
CompositionMode is QPainter::CompositionMode_SourceOver and QImage
format for the source is QImage::Format_ARGB32_Premultiplied. Same code
painting in a QImage works fine.

I have tried to glEnable(GL_BLEND) and glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST) and some
others but that didn't fix the issue.

Any idea of what needs to be done ?

Many thanks in advance

Philippe Lelong