[Interest] QtQuick on desktop cannot select from available GPUs.

乔燊 1500013714 at pku.edu.cn
Fri May 6 05:33:39 CEST 2022

It seems that there are no appropriate functions that can set the GPU used by QQuickWindow/QQuickView.

I'm using qt6.3 on windows11. I have two graphics card on my laptop:

Device name: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
Device type: integrated
Device name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
Device type: discrete

I tried to use vulkan by calling QQuickView::setGraphicsApi, but found nowhere to set GPU to use. Meanwhile the widget class QVulkanWindow gives us a convenient function QVulkanWindow::setPhysicalDeviceIndex for doing this.

Perhaps the setting up with class QQuickRenderControl is possible, but there is too much stuff to take care of for merely selecting a GPU device. I thought it would be a common demand for all desktop developer, not only those using Vulkan.

Is there any plan on adding related function to select from GPUs? Or maybe there is another already-exist solution for that?