[Interest] spurious breakpoints in Qt Creator

Matej Košík qt at matej-kosik.net
Sun May 15 21:44:08 CEST 2022

Hi,

While using Qt Creator, I noticed that it generates "spurious breakpoints".

How to reproduce:
- I start Qt Creator
- I generate a new project
  (Qt Widgets Application with QMainWindow as a base class)
- from the menu I choose
  - Debug
    - Start Debugging
      - Start debugging of startup project

then the debugged project first stops in "gtk3/main.cpp" and then stops
in other places.

When I let the program continue, it then stops again in the file
"ico/main.cpp".

When I let the program continue, it then stops again in the file
"pdf/main.cpp".

I guess that I am doing something wrong, but I am unable to figure out
what. Any help is welcome. I would like the program to stop only in
breakpoints defined by me.

I am using:
- Linux (version 5.10.0-14-amd64)
- GNOME (version 3.38.5)