[Interest] webenginewidgets (Win MinGw11.2.0)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 17 19:58:20 CEST 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 10:33:20 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I don't plan on accepting patches to unbreak it either. LLVM community must
> fix their compiler.

Let me scale this back a little:

I will accept patches that fix use of clang-cl with our headers. That will
allow user code to use clang-cl and against qtbase library headers. I think
the only place that this affects is qfloat16.h anyway.

This may suffice for webenginewidgets.

I will not accept patches that make the use of intrinsics in the .cpp code
uglier. And as discussed months ago, intrinsics for x86-64 will be mandatory
to up to a minimum of AVX512. Compilers that fail to support them in either
GCC or MSVC compatibility style will be dropped.

The only one on that list is clang-cl.