[Interest] Change modifier for horizontal scrolling with mousewheel

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri May 20 21:05:38 CEST 2022

On Fri, 20 May 2022, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:

> sending a synthesized wheel event with the Alt modifier set to the
> QWidget will not trigger this behavior, as that never exercises that

Hmm. I’m on a laptop without scroll wheel, so I bound two keys
to emulate a mouse wheel:

https://musescore.org/en/node/165936#comment-1043340

Does this mean that synthetisising those events would also not work?

(I have not tried; I didn’t know that Alt+scroll scrolls horizontally
for Qt — that being said, which Alt… I use Alt to enter umlauts… so I
hope this works with Alt_L as defined by xmodmap(1), not by Alt as on
the physical keyboard / scancodes…)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general