[Interest] QIcon vs QQuickIcon

ivan tkachenko me at ratijas.tk
Sun May 29 16:31:11 CEST 2022

Hi,

I have a problem which sounds like it should be something trivial.

I got a QIcon icon, aquired from a model by a delegate. How do i use it in
controls with all these icon.name [string], icon.source [url] groupped
properties or even with just an Image type?

All sane attempts failed. I'm left with this a decade-old StackOverflow answer
to use custom Image Provider. Sounds like too much work for something that
should be just here, out of the box?

    icon: model.decoration
    // file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/
ui/ConfigLocation.qml:115:21: Unable to assign QIcon to QQuickIcon
    // no conversion from QIcon to this gadget type

    icon.name: model.decoration.name
    icon.source: model.decoration.source
    // ConfigLocation.qml:116:21: Unable to assign [undefined] to QUrl
    // ConfigLocation.qml:115:21: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
    // probably because QIcon doesn't have introspectible meta-properties?

--
ivan (@ratijas)