[Interest] TSAN findings in a simple QApplication/QMetaObject::invokeMethod example

Dennis Luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Mon Nov 7 10:46:27 CET 2022

> Anyway, libglib-2.0.so remains a black box for us.

any idea how to link Qt 6.4 with my GLib TSAN build?

building GLib with this instructions:

git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib.git
cd glib
git checkout 2.72.1
cd ..
mkdir glib-build
cd glib-build
meson setup ../glib -Dbuildtype=debug -Db_sanitize=thread
meson compile

and try to give configure a hint where my Glib is to find

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/linux/dev/3rdparty-linux-gcc/qt6_dev/glib-build/glib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
../qt6/qtbase/configure -developer-build -debug -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests -sanitize thread

but configure still finding my systems Glib

-- Found GLIB2: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so